Thursday, April 16, 2009

Worrying About All the Wrong Things

Literary Fest Poetry Slam

Rather than worry that my poem is fully memorized and performable for tomorrow evening, I have instead put together my imaginary perfect poetry reading outfit. Yes, I want to channel the romantics, apparently. Too bad my own closet is rather lacking in things I actually like anytime I'm flustered by something. Thus, I hate everything I own, (and solidify my girliness).

Third Eye Blind has come onto Pandora Radio. Flashback to eighth-twelfth grade and a wardrobe of character t-shirts and black. I don't envy my students; high school was hard.

We were broken, didn't know it
I can go nowhere
I burn candles and stare at a ghost
Deep inside of you.

Myself & Mr. Moon, circa 2001. Sans black.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...