Friday, November 20, 2009

Flightless Bird - sort of...

If you've been with me for a month or so, you'll know I abandoned trying to play guitar and sing at the same time during my weekend at Ladies Rock Camp, because it was too darn hard.  Well, I've managed to learn a song!  Sort of... if we ignore that I miss the very first chord, can't always match the tune to the chord that I'm hitting, have to concentrate really really hard on where to put my fingers next, and I don't deviate from the same simple strum pattern, then we can say: ok, I learned the song.  I learned a song!


So, if I've ever given you crap about anything, I suppose this is fair turn around.  My goal is to know a different song, better, by one week.  And in this goal, I will actually practice, and actually learn to play, (ideally).  Singing is another story - practice can't fix everything. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...