Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Food & Famine

It's hard to look at pictures of starving kids and then think about how full my fridge is.  I work with/as an advocate for a lot of hungry kids in my line of work, but these kids are dying of hunger.

I don't have a lot of money, but I gave $15 to Heifer Project, who does work in countries neighboring Somalia that are taking on refugees.  I know it's not a lot, but it's something.  Maybe one day I can give more.  There's other organizations actually in Somalia that are linked on that web page.

I don't say "hey look I gave some money" to brag about being a good person - I'm kind of a whiny brat, like, lots of times - just putting it out there to hopefully guilt (yeah, I used the guilt word!) just one person into doing something similar.

Why can't I mail him food?  Granola bars keep.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...