I keep my party hat nearby at all times.
Oh blogging, I've missed you! And at first I was so sad that some nasty company stole my www.dishevelledstars.com URL, but I think it was a sign from the Universe to return to my roots. My blogging roots being back in... 2008 (??) when I initially started this blog, and called it Bella (my dog's name, and also, of course, "Beautiful") Green (my favorite color and demonstrating my affinity for all things eco, the long showers I take during a drought aside) Blog (because "Bella Green" by itself was taken).
Coming back, I am finally ready to publicly admit a few things, which were probably painfully obvious from the beginning:
1) I really don't care about fashion. It's a fun game to play occasionally, but I can't afford to keep it up, and usually, I'm too lazy to put on more than slacks and an Ann Taylor T-shirt when I get ready for work. And at home, clothes are just stifling - who needs them? Our apartment is a no-pants zone for all tenants! I think I started writing about fashion because I liked some of the fashion blogs I came across, I seemed to find an audience when I devoted time to that subject, and I liked looking pretty in pictures (still do, although snap shots never turn out like a posed fashion photo - I tend to look like a troll - see above).
2) I can't spell. Thank God for spell check.
Anyway, I really miss having a "thing" that allows me to connect with other people, and I have felt isolated lately in my non-social hobbies of cooking at home, reading Reddit.com at home, working in an office, and hanging out with my boyfriend, (at home). I'm ready to go back into the public sphere, and am willing to re-make the effort to do so.
If you're still with me, and I'll forgive you if you've ditched by now, it's important (or not) to know that a few things have changed:
1) I had a birthday, (also see above), so I'm ripe and 27 now, holla!
2) I'm no longer a Club Director with the BGC, I'm behind a desk writing grants (I actually, like a nerd, really enjoy this).
3) In my last post, circa October 2010, I mentioned losing a boy I had been seeing. I found him again. I even took up residence in his apartment. We move to a two bedroom way far away from my first trendy Austin abode in Hyde Park next weekend, (and I haven't put one thing in a box yet).
4) I cook a lot. This isn't really new. But it's become painfully obvious that my two real obsessions are collecting books, (most of which I subsequently don't read - need to work on that), and cooking vegetarian things from scratch, now using the lovely veggies Mike & I get from the Johnson's Backyard Garden CSA. I diligently plan meals and record what I make using fresh produce every week, so I think I'll switch from using a word document to do this, to this blog.
5) I traded my fancy Hybrid SUV for a more modest small car - stick shift, baby! I mostly know how to drive it now, (DO NOT pull up behind me on a hill). The wonderful people at Johnson's Backyard Garden also taught me to can vegetables, (we are set on pasta sauce and salsa for the winter), and I'm avidly encouraging myself to focus on my personal writings - journals, stories, poems, again. I'd love to get the guts to perform at the Austin Poetry Slam - I've been putting it off for 2 years.
I'd love for you to stick around as I ease back into the blogging world - here's to a new chapter.
And about that boyfriend - he's pretty cute! (And there's the Bella dog)