Friday, December 18, 2009

50 Of The World's Best Design Blogs

The Times Online posted a list of their picks for the top fifty design blogs on the interwebs.  If you're girly, domestic, or just visual like me, then you'll probably find more than a few blogs you'll want to follow from here on out.  I poked through a few and my eyes are still sore from stretching to take in all of the lovely photographs.  I'm including a few teaser pictures of all of the delicious images and ideas there are to peruse from the blogs on this list.


 Dinner under the gum tree and open bird cages






Thai paper lotus flowers photo by Ellie Snow at Mint



Can we talk about how much I want the "paper" crane pendant?
Collage by Oh Hello Friend




 Kane Longden photo via Bliss




Collage by Pia Jane Bijerk, partially based in Amsterdam.  Her Amsterdam photos are dear to my heart as I lived in the Netherlands for three years, (Never Never Land, according to my 1st grade self).



I admit it.  I like blurry pictures of pretty girls staring off at things.
Photo by Daydream Lily


After watching Marie Antoinette on the home theatre screen, I'm feeling a renewed passion for turquoise.
(although I love this blog, I want to poke fun at the name, as well as the Snail and Cyclops - another I love - and start my own mishmash-named-blog called "Lice & Prawns."  Don't copy!)




Starry eyed, photo by Dress, Design & Decor via Frolic!


Apparently, I'm not the only one who felt the need to dig up Marie Antoinette for it's lush imagery.  Apartment Therapy did, too.  I feel stylish now.


The Marie must still be in me, since I was instantly drawn to these lovely cake stands.  That, or I've always felt affectionate for vintage tableware, mint green, and peony pink... if you need more proof, see the invitations from my wedding that were never mailed.
Photos from BBC Homes & Antiques via Tea For Joy, the compiler of the Time's list.

With that, I'm going to go survey my own messy domain, maybe reach for a vacuum.  Maybe.

2 comments:

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

I've been wanting to paint my walls, and the 1st-Option photo just made that much more apparent.

SnOOp said...

I love the shot of the little boy on the grass with the toy plane flying over... Really special shot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...