Friday, December 25, 2009

Snow in Central Texas + Candlit Christmas Eves



It's my first (almost) white Christmas!  It snowed on the 24th, here in Copperas Cove, Texas, for the majority of the day.  Wonderful surprise!



On the other hand... can we talk about how I didn't pack for cold weather?!  It was 60+ in Austin just yesterday!  I packed skirts for the holiday.



It wouldn't have been a Christmas eve without a candle light service.  I didn't get the picture that I wanted, because as soon as I took this one, my dad gave me a dirty look since the camera flashes a small light before it auto focuses.  Oh well - next year I'll get a better one, dirty looks be darned!

I hope everyone's evenings and mornings have been peaceful and warm with food that doesn't allow for calorie counting.  My step-sisters made cinnamon rolls.  From scratch.  Be jealous. 

1 comment:

Austin Eavesdropper said...

I love these pictures!! Isn't it nuts for it to be snowing in Texas? I had a moment similar to yours in the not-packing-appropriate-clothing department, when I attempted to walk out to the car on an icy driveway, dressed in high-heeled ankle boots. :) No accidents but plenty of jeering from my husband.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...