Sunday, January 17, 2010

Star Gazing



On Sunday, Lennon and I drove to Copperas Cove to visit the Cove home brew store (it was closed! the interwebz lied!), and see my dad and step-mom.




She got him a telescope for his birthday, and he set it up in the backyard so I could check it out.  I love the sky - I have two constellation locaters, one portable and one huge, diagrams of telescopes in my notebooks, and a working love of books like Coming of Age in the Milky Way



I could see every crater on the visible sliver of the moon and the band of dark clouds on Jupiter.  He said you can plug this telescope into a computer and project the images on the screen.  If he figures out how to do this, expect screen shots in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...