Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Starlight Station



For the next two weeks I'm playing momma to a basset hound along with my lab, Bella.  He has the biggest feet I've ever seen, yet somehow he makes less noise than Bella does.

Today I start running the teen program at East Club, and I'm finished with Reagan for good - all except for cleaning out my office.  But I don't have my new one at Ann Richards yet, so for now, everything can stay there because I don't want to bring it home and have it clutter my apartment.  The fun thing about East Club is that it's going to be all field trip based, so I'm taking the kids everywhere from the Urban Roots farm to Barton Springs to Caritas (went there last week with Reagan kids - very awesome) to career day at Old Navy to touring the Austin Film Studios.  Today is introductions day, though, and I hate those.  They make me anxious.  I'm going to post these pictures I like and try not to be anxious.






Dress: I can't remember the brand - but it's from the boutique Indigo in Little Rock.  I love orange.
Cardigan: Gap
Shoes: BCBG Girls
Locket: my grandma's
Bracelet: my great grandma's
Railroad car: Starlight Station in Killeen (it was packed Sunday night when I drove by on my way home to Austin!)


so while I was on here, Lennon dropped my sunglasses (he was being sweet and holding them) and stepped on them.  Then they looked like this:



and I also like to pretend I'm an airplane.  Maybe I'll do that now to relieve my first day jitters.

The spring flowers are all gone now and I miss them terribly.  But I'm watering a garden for the basset hound's mommy and daddy, and I get to eat all of the summer tomatoes and green beans out of it while they're gone - that may be better than flowers!

7 comments:

The Fabulous K said...

Clothes are so pretty, backgrounds and locations are pretty. Why don't you glam up your face as well? Eye shadow, lipstick, blush? Something? Otherwise you look so plain compared to the clothes you wear and the locations you are in.

The Fabulous K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

love your outfit! and that bracelet is gorgeous. Oh, and YOU are gorgeous too! I love your natural look. Hope you have a great time with the adventures you'll be on with the kiddies!

Anonymous said...

You look adorable, love the pics. Hope the dogs are getting along. :)

Michelle said...

I hope your day went well!! Love the contrast between the dress and the shrug - you look gorgeous :)

Amanda said...

@Kristen - thank you, I don't really have the hair/makeup gift that other ladies too. I'm pretty clueless.

@Sam - thank you! The kids have been great so far - a huge relief

@Melissa - thank you! The dogs are sometimes getting along a little too well, at least Rufus thinks he is, good thing they're both fixed

@Michelle - thank you girl! When I'm out of the suburbs it's time to meet up

Unknown said...

Love your color combination of this outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...