Monday, February 8, 2010

Fashion Freakout 3 at Mohawk Austin


Growing into a full convert of the vintage gospel, there was no way I was going to miss the Fashion Freakout at Mohawk on Friday night.  My time savvy companions got us there early, (I'm always late to things), and we were able to snare front and center vantage points for the entire show.  The clothes were all from local Austin vintage stores: Buffalo Exchange, Prototype Vintage, and New Bohemia.  I just blew my birthday money in Buffalo Exchange today, (and of course - show and tell to come), and I'll need to check out the other places in Austin soon.  

I took a lot of pictures at the show, enough to make me consider getting an upgraded Flicker account.  Until then, I've decided to first sort through my photos by showing off some of my favorite trends depicted on the runway.

Poofy skirts:



Sparkly legs:

 

 

Re-Vamped 1960's

 

 

Short Skirts



Other common themes on the runway: 
  • fringe
  • hot pants
  • sequins
  • cowboys
  • capes for men
  • bodices
  • lace (also on men!)
  • platform heels
  • butt cheeks (I saw a lot)
  • being stick thin - this means all the clothes in my size are still on the racks!
Pretty much guaranteed this girl and I will never fight over a pair of slacks, (although I think I could take her):

 

Now, since it's time for bed, here is a smattering of the looks from the evening, and if there's anything you'd like to see bigger, feel free to send an email request my way.  


And maybe I'm too simple and too girly, as a lot of the styles were very loud and layered, but this was my favorite outfit of the night:


I love the swirly, sparkly skirt with a sheer blouse.  A lot of the clothes seemed to invoke 80's Madonna meets Riot Grrrl, and while I appreciate the music of both, my style aesthetic tends toward the sweet.  Regardless, it was a fun show, and after my toes thawed out, I felt very lucky to have been there!  As much as I love Little Rock, I can't imagine them ever doing a vintage fashion show like this.  It's good to be in Austin.

Oh, and if you don't believe me yet when I say we had a great spot, see below, (also note my awesome skills with MS Paint):

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugg
uggs
ugg boots shoes
ugg boots
uggs outlet
ugg shoes
ugg boots on sale
Classic Ugg Boots
ugg sandals
wholesale Ugg Boots
wholesale uggs
ugg outlet
Buy Uggs Online
Women Ugg Boots
Ugg Boots Onsale
Ugg Classic Cardy
Discount Ugg Boots
Australia Ugg Boots
Fashion Ugg boots
cheap ugg shoes
NBA Jerseys
Jerseys
NBA jordan Jerseys
Cheap NBA Jerseys
Wholesale NBA Jerseys
Atlanta Hawks jerseys
Boston Celtics jerseys
Charlotte Bobcats jerseys
Chicago Bulls jerseys
Cleveland Cavaliers jerseys
Dallas Mavericks jerseys
Denver Nuggets jerseys
Detroit Pistons jerseys
Golden State Warriors jerseys
Houston Rockets jerseys
Indiana Pacers jerseys
Los Angeles Clippers jerseys
Los Angeles Lakers jerseys
Memphis Grizzlies jerseys
Miami Heat jerseys
Milwaukee Bucks jerseys
Minnesota Timberwolves jerseys
New Jersey Nets jerseys
New Orleans Hornets jerseys
New York Knicks jerseys
Oklahoma City Thunder jerseys
Orlando Magic jerseys

Dirty Hair Halo said...

how talented you are drawing on the computer...

anyway, i love the pictures you've shared from the fashion show. i wish i could go to more where i live, though i think they happen extremely few and far between.

my favorite look is the beaded and bobbled leggings. bad ass.

www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

Tiffany Diane said...

Hey, I just found your blog via Tolly's and it's pretty great. I was wondering, though, if you got any photos of me? I am scouring the internet and have found a couple but I want something to remember the night with!

Great site,
Tiffany Diane

Amanda said...

@ hxr - you really hit the nail on the head there.

@ Dirty Hair Halo - I agree, I just wish I could be the type of person to pull those bad boys off!

@ Tiffany - I probably have lots, just let me know what outfits you were wearing and your email address

Pink Sun Drops said...

Aw, is that Colours Marie on the sidelines there in the first and fifth shot? Love the hair and makeup!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

This looks soo so amazing! I would have loved to have gone and met you and Indiana!

Michelle said...

I totally LOL'd at your MS paint skills. Awwwwesome. :D (and your photos turned out better than mine!)

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Great recap, dear! I feel like I was there now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...