Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winterized Cotton Dress


 Of course I couldn't wait to wear one of my new thrifted (can I call it "threw"?) dresses right away.  We were hosting a family event at work - the Changing Lives Youth Ensemble came to perform for kids and any of their parents and siblings that wanted to come and have dinner-theatre with us.  I probably should have worn all black as I felt a bit like a stage manager, carrying amplifiers and lap tops all over the place. 

Dress: Susana Monaco from Buffalo Exchange
Tank: Wal-Mart
Cardigan: Old Navy
Boots: Steve Madden clearance
Cameo Necklace: from my Grandma

Today it's sleeting so Austin must be having an identity crisis or is just envious of the great white north.  I hope it doesn't stick, because my refrigerator is empty.  

Blackberries to Apples is asking her readers to contribute better puns than "snowacolypse" to describe the blanket of cold that is the northern half of the US right now.  I feel like a smartie because she liked my addition to the list: 
Blizzkrieg

Woot.  Ok, back to work.  Although a greater problem is sitting on my mind right now: Lennon and I are going to Dallas this weekend for Valentines Day, and I have no idea what I'm going to do for him, as it's probably too late to order World of Warcraft and Philosophy, (not like I want to encourage that addiction, anyway). 


Cold: I defy you.

3 comments:

Mel said...

My boyfriend wanted me to order World of Warcraft too. I couldn't bring myself to do it, so I'm stuck with the same dilemma.

Jen Hsieh said...

yay for defying the cold! you look so lovely in this "threw" dress of yours, yellow is definitely your color :)
good luck finding your boy a valentine's gift!

amy said...

super cute dress!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...