Wednesday, February 3, 2010

For One Night Only!


Monday night was the Girl Guitar showcase (awesome recital on steroids) at Antones.  I was terrified, and being in the beginner class, got to go second.  For the whole four minutes I was on stage, though, it was so much fun!  Even though my fingers seemed to swell and I missed a lot of the proper frets, strings, notes...


I have the song - Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel - memorized, but I was too scared to look at the audience so I looked at my music even though I didn't need it.  Also, maybe I should buy myself a guitar strap...


On stage with Mandy, the beauty and brains behind Girl Guitar.  I hope I can start taking private lessons with her soon as most classes happen in the evening while I'm at work.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations!! You look like you did great.

Sam said...

congrats! :DD I really need to research classes around here!

Anonymous said...

i got nervous for you just looking at the photos. hats off amanda! it takes guts to get on stage!

Amanda said...

@ Michelle - thank you! I like that the pics don't have sound to refute that :)

@ Sam - thank you! I highly recommend Mandy Rowden or Emily Marks

@ Ericka - I could never be an actress - I spill the fear out of my eyeballs!

mai said...

yay! you look like a pro!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...