Monday, March 22, 2010

Eat Pray Love a movie!?



Oh goodness... another movie about a woman who's lost and subsequently sets out to find herself, writes about it, and all the spheres of Heaven align.  That's two now, after Julie Powell, surely it must really be possible to do then?  For every story that gets a movie made about it, there has to be thousands that aren't publicized, right?

Hard to imagine when sitting at my table, littered with receipts, bills, twenty golf pencils I emptied out of my high school backpack of unknown origins, dog hair all over the floor, running late for work trying to eat a bowl of cereal, no pay raise or extended vacation in sight, and there's always a choice to be made between writing, reading other people's writing, being social, keeping the house from rotting, and trying to do my best at work while stretching myself too thin with hobbies.  Writing always loses.  Saving up to travel always loses.  It's easier to splurge on something that's $20 when trying to put the rest towards car payments, etc, than it is to say: I want to save up thousands of dollars for a fairy tale trip around the world that I will never have the time off or savings to take.

But that's just being cynical, right?  Right?

I'm slowly reading Committed, but not for lack of loving it.  Now I'll have to pick up Eat Pray Love before the movie is released.

Thank you to Tulips and Tea for the heads up about this trailer!  I can't wait to see it.  I already have a girl crush on Elizabeth Gilbert, Julia Roberts playing her won't help cure it.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm tentatively hoping that the movie will be good - I like Julia Roberts, but I have very little faith in Hollywood to not butcher it!

Kaitlin Elizabeth said...

yay so excited for this! thanks for sharing

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Haven't read the book yet but I definitely have to before the movie.

amy said...

Ooh, that looks so good! I guess I'm going to have to pick up this book!

elizs said...

Cynical point worth mentioning: the reason Elizabeth Gilbert could afford to take a year off to eat, pray & love was b/c she got a book contract to do so. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the book, and you're more than welcome to borrow my copy.

Jug Wine said...

I haven't read the book, but I can think of no acceptable reason to leave James Franco.

Austin Eavesdropper said...

I so feel you on the writing being the FIRST thing to go when making decisions, in general, during your day to day. I also think there's far more pressure on bloggers in general to be social - NOT that I mind, but, it's a difference between Julie Powell's circumstances and ours, for example. :)

But who needs a book deal when you've got a beautiful blog like yours! And one that's so smart and diverse, too. Someday the Italian Travel Bureau will be paying you to come blog about their country, and it'll be our version of Eat, Pray, Love. We'll call it Eat, Pray, Blog.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Can't wait to watch this~ i want to see Bali as well~

MrsBlogAlot said...

Oh yeah this looks awesome! Thanks for sharing it!!

. said...

I'm so excited to see this!!!

Amanda said...

@Michelle - We need to go see it! Lennon has already given me the thumbs down

@Alamocitystyle - me too me too!

@Krysten - agreed! I hope you post your thoughts on it when you finish! I need to go pick up a copy...

@Amy - I really want to get a copy before the cover becomes the movie poster

@Elizabeth - She got the contract BEFORE she went!? I need to look into this...

@Meghann - other than that he's SpiderMan's nemesis!

@Tolly - your words made my day :) I may have to call it "eat, pray, and have lots of spaghetti... with cute Italian men."

@Lenoreevermore - me too! Although, I couldn't even point Bali out on a map...

@MrsBlogAlot - I'm so glad Tea&Tulips posted it - I can't wait to see it

@Kayla - there should just be an Austin bloggers party to go see this - like dinner before, and then a group trip to the movie

Julie said...

Ditto to everything you just said in this post (except I'm not reading Committed. Yet. We should swap temporarily when you are done. I have Eat. Pray. Love.) Although, this one you may want to purchase and keep forever. I've read it twice and will read it again. My friend Lila is on this type of fairy tale self-discovery adventure and my jealousy juices are swirling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...