Monday, March 1, 2010

OMG! Band of Horses & Holly Miranda Are Coming To My Church!

 
Can we take a minute to talk about how much I love love love Band of Horses, and Holly Miranda ever since I fell in love with The Jealous Girlfriends?  If you've been with my blog for a while, you may remember how Holly Miranda broke my heart when she canceled her appearance at Mohawk, after I bought tickets just to see her open for some other guys I'd never heard of.  All is forgiven though, because during SXSW she's playing in my church's sanctuary and I get to volunteer and thus be allowed to watch!  OMG!  So excited!


Speaking of church, this is what I wore to go there this morning.  We have a new co-pastor, Joseph Moore, and he's very nice, and funny, and apparently has read my blog!  I feel all famous now.

Today I had a difficult time getting dressed, as I only knew I wanted to wear these shoes, and couldn't think of anything to go with them.  It's like writer's block, but more of a social hazard, as nudity is looked upon unfavorably.  "Fashion block"?  Seeing as services start at 11 a.m., by 10:48 it was time to wear SOMETHING, so this is what I haphazardly ended up in.


Shoes: Anne Klein via Buffalo Exchange
Skirt: J. Crew
Cream shirt: from a boutique in Columbia, MO
Tank: Old Navy
Necklace: from my mom's costume jewelry


After church I had a shopping date with Michelle, so I got to do an outfit switch-a-roo, and the fun challenge of this is to leave on as many original items of clothing as possible, proving one to be a master of wardrobe versatility.  I give myself a 7 out of 10 in this church-to-Sunday-shopping transition, as I only kept on two original pieces.  (It's Olympic season, perhaps I've caught the fever).

Shorts: Bitten, $2 from Thrift Town
Flats: Target (big spender at $17)
Cardigan: Old Navy
Necklace: Sola on the Triangle

Michelle and I walked over to Sola, and I realized that unless they are having an end-of-season 50% off sale, I really can't afford anything but jewelry.  But they have lovely Oxford flats that I so-so-so would like to buy myself for a mere $90... I appeased my wants with a $12 pendant reminiscent of this famous photograph.  We then drove (I know, lazy us) over to Buffalo Exchange, where Michelle found swanky $50 Michael Kors heels, which if they were in my size, might have gotten "lost" in my car on the way home.  We then hopped next door to Toy Joy where I got to try my first taste of vegan chocolate hazelnut yogurt.  I'll probably be going back for more, soon.  Next week we have another girl date and I'm so excited: Zara and Alice in Wonderland (with costumes!!!!)!!!!

Oh, and did I mention how excited I am about Band of Horses and Holly Miranda?  Because I am.












And of course, the song I've been trying to learn to play on guitar for like, three months, but have yet to master, (plus I just love the video and the bottle breaking - just wait, I'll have a cover of this song... sometime... and it will make babies weep, for one reason or another):




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet ^_^

Michelle said...

"I realized that unless they are having an end-of-season 50% off sale, I really can't afford anything but jewelry"

Word up. Although I'm kind of wishing I would have got the owl necklace now. When I showed Matt the shoes he was just like "Wow. Those are tall." haha.

I have never heard of those bands but yay for good shows!

lauralee said...

The bottle breaking *is* fabulous!! :)

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

great snakeskin shoes and love your tattoo!!! xoxo

Amanda said...

@ moi - soupa-sweet! :) :) :)

@ Michelle - go back and get it! Where else are you going to find an owl/watch/necklace!?

@ Lauralee - btw, I just read your blog, and I'm stealing Robby. At least for my birthday.

@ Lions & Tigers - thank you!! I'm at the point where I always forget I have tattoos so it's exciting when someone notices them :)

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

So many great pairs of shoes!
And yay for live music at your church!

Sybil said...

i really love the first pair of shoes!!! so rad! :D

Mikhaila said...

You are sooo lucky, I love Band of Horses!

MairHeard said...

I am in love with Holly Miranda! Have you heard "Wavves"?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...