Saturday, March 27, 2010

Floral Dress: Three Ways, Part One


Sometimes I debate and debate and debate over buying an item of clothing, (this is inherited, I watched my dad do it today over a rain coat at REI - he decided his golf jacket at home was good enough), decide to buy, and still walk out of the store slightly remorseful that I spent the money.  This was one of those times.

I went back and forth in the store on whether to buy this dress, decided I liked it because of the poufy skirt, put it on at home, recollected the maybe $25 that it cost, and thanked my debateful self for being pro on purchasing, because I realized I love it.  I've already worn it three times in two weeks, so I decided to post side by side pictures before doing individual posts.

Thus it only seemed proper to start with the basics, so here is just the dress itself.  I wore it today to go to the Arboretum with my Dad and step-mom for dinner.  They are getting ready for a two week trip to Peru to see Machu Picchu, and wanted some hiking and rain gear.  I'm already well into my daily flexibility exercises so I can hide in their luggage; my forehead can finally fully fold into my knees, (ok, not really, I can't even touch my toes - but one of these days I'm getting to Machu Picchu!). 


Dress: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: BCBG
Necklace: from Kristin Stuart, Little Rock
Weather: a balmy 80 degrees and beautiful

4 comments:

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

So many great looks with this dress! I dig it, especially the third look.
By the way, I totally name-checked you when Fashionably Austin came to my school the other day because she talked about the media brunch two weeks ago. I was bummed I couldn't go, but I am glad I got to experience it vicariously through you!

Melissa said...

Your sense of style is so unique an refreshing. Your individuality really shines through. You look great! :)

Michelle said...

This dress is so cute!

I do exactly the same thing. About the only purchases that I don't waffle on are ones under $10, and even then I tend to waffle.

Natalie said...

Love these shoes!! Found you on Weardrobe :-) I'm thinking of moving to Austin when I graduate with my masters...and hey, there seem to be lots of awesome bloggers there, too! fashionatalie.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...