Thursday, March 25, 2010

Taking A Break From Research


I'm trying to read every article I can find about the book and movie The Taqwacores since meeting the film maker at SXSW, and I came across this photo from a piece written by a columnist upset that Kathryne Bigelow made no mention of Iraq in her Oscar acceptance speech for Hurt Locker's best picture win, which can be seen as reflective as a national disregard for the people affected by events in Iraq on a daily basis.  I don't know; this photo is some kind of haunting.

2 comments:

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

This makes me very interested in the film. Thanks for the post. I've been so busy lately, I feel like I've fallen off the face of the planet...anyway, I'll be sure to keep my eye opened for this film.
Take care,
Chels

Kayla said...

I saw the Hurt Locker and being once long ago married to a EOD tech I thought it did a good job representing them and all the work they do. I will have to keep an eye out for this though.

http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...